How to Wear Shoes That Are Too Big: 8 Life Saving Footwear Hacks
Is your foot slipping out of your shoes or are your toes sliding ahead into the toe box, giving painful toes? Or have you bought bigger shoes for your feet and the date to exchange the same has expired? If you are facing similar questions and wondering how to enjoy your amazing shoe bought with much love, then you will surely need the 'too-big shoes' hack. Because ill-fitting shoes can cause blisters, bunions, arch pain and other painful issues.
So do you know any shoes slightly too big hack? Or ever heard about 'shoes too big hack' for footwear that doesn't fit your feet? If not, that you have landed at the perfect guide for a bigger shoe size hack. We have some great solutions and shoe hacks for big shoes to help you out.
8 Too Big Shoes Hacks
In this detailed shoe guide below we are sharing the hacks for shoes that are too big.
1. Shrink Shoes with Water
A certain kind of shoes that are too big for your feet can be used after shrinking with water. But before you attempt this too big shoes hack beware that it may damage your shoes too, especially if leather. So check the box for do's and don'ts before you try this bigger shoe size hack.
Here is what you will need:
Water, Spray Bottle or Empty Bucket, Socks and Hair Dryer.
Wet the shoes - If leather use spray, else if canvas, dip them in a bucket of water for an hour. Then either dry them using a hairdryer or dry them in the Sun (hair dryer for leather shoes please). After drying, try them out. Repeat the shoes slightly too big hack if the shoe didn't fit. But once it fits, properly polish it up/conditioner the shoe, especially if leather.
- Leather shoes if dried post wearing on the feet give better results of a snugger fit with these shoes too big hack.
2. Wear Thick Socks
Assuming your shoes are one size plus, then matching them with thicker socks can help. This is probably the least demanding method for wearing huge shoes. You can trade a dainty/thin pair of dress socks with crew socks. Assuming it's a colder time of year or cold outside, then you could even combine a few pairs of socks for additional filling. Notwithstanding, know that this might finish up the length, yet the width can likewise feel snugger.
- This wearing trick works for fitting athletic boots/shoes and not dress shoes.
- If it is hot outside, avoid this hack as it will make you uncomfortable.
3. Try Insoles
Though we usually use insoles to correct foot issues or any kind of discomfort on the inside of the shoes, even to deal with bigger shoes, these come in handy. There are various types of insoles that are also a cost-effective option. You can even use two-three foam-based insoles for a tighter fit.
- Try the insole before purchase with the bigger shoes, for a proper fitting.
- Dress shoes, Heeled shoes and Open toed-shoes with a bigger size fit well using insoles.
4. Use Stuffing
In case one doesn't have the socks or insole option available and a quick solution is needed, then cotton, toilet paper, thin rags or tissue paper can be used around the foot or at the toed section in a manner that the footwear fits comfortably. This also will keep the foot off sliding back and forth.
- Stuffing is a typical boots too big hack that also works great with flats and closed-toe heeled shoes.
- Avoid stuffing for long walks or exercises.
5. Use Balls of Footpads
The balls of footpads are as great as insoles and much more comfortable to wear. Plus they are less expensive and readily available.
- Ball-of-foot pads are excellent to fit bigger sized heels and flats.
- Since these are available in various colors, can be easily blended with the color of your bigger size shoe.
Also Read: Shoes Fitting Tips
6. Add Elastic Band Inside
Either try this on your own if you know how to sew or take help from an expert cobbler. Stitching elastic bands to the back of the shoe will help gather the whole footwear tighter to your feet if it is too wide. For elastic to be sewed to the sides you will need a strong elastic.
- Shrinking the shoes hacks can be combined with elastic hacks for shoes that are too big. This can be ideal as sneakers too big hack and as boots too big hack, especially for Ankle-Length Chukka/Derby boots.
7. Use Shoe Fillers
These days a wide variety of shoe fillers are available in silicone, polyurethane, etc to be inserted in the toe box. This shortens the length by a few centimeters.
- Pairing fillers with heel liners make this bigger shoe size hack, a very comfortable one.
- Can be used with any kind of shoe.
- Most cost-effective too big shoes hack.
8. Seek Professional Advice
Assuming that none of these hacks for shoes that are too big is working for you, then in your budget seek professional advice from either a cobbler nearby or the best online shoe shop that you buy your regular shoes from. This will keep you away from beating about the bush for shoe hacks for bigger footwear.
THE FINAL WORD
How to wear shoes that are too big? Which are the safest and least costly most cost-effective too big shoes hack for shoes that are too large?
You have a wide scope of techniques listed above that you can utilize, as per your feet comfort. But your success relies upon how enormous the footwear is—in the event that it's a few sizes too huge, take advice from an expert.
We truly want to believe that you tracked down a helpful 'shoes too big hack.' But if you have more queries towards boots too big hack or sneakers too big hack, don't forget to write to us.